Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling more balanced

Pin It Now! Today I woke up at 8am.  It's Sunday.  A day meant for sleeping in.  8am is too early for a Sunday morning.  It was definitely not by choice.  We have a resident monkey living with us for the next 18 some years and she decided 8am was a good time to be up.  Normally I would drag myself downstairs, get her breakfast and crawl on the couch and lay there until 9am.  Today I decided to not be a bum.  I decluttered some of crap in the kitchen, started laundry and just kept cleaning and organizing the rest of the morning.  I didn't even have a desire to take a nap today and this afternoon I actually worked out!  It felt great and I am going to make myself do it every day (or at least 4 times a week for now).

For dinner I made Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa and was so happy with how delicious and filling it was. After dinner I actually had it in me to not only clean up, but also to do more laundry and clean the bathroom.  I just had such a good feeling of balance today and I truely am convinced it is because of this whole feng shui thing.  The cool thing about this new philosophy and way of life is it is something for me to turn to now.  If I feel sluggish or unmotivated or unsure about anything, I feel like I can use this philosophy to help guide me sort of.  By rearranging elements in my life and space and also by forcing myself to focus on positive thoughts, I believe I can really create a more balanced life.  And today was the first day I tried to incorporate feng shui into my life and so far it really is amazing.  I'll continue to blog about this journey and see if it still amazes me a month from now. 

This week I will be placing my goals in visible areas around the house.  I am going to change my computer desktop, put a magazine cutout of a goal in the kitchen and find other various ways to make my goals visible throughout the house.  According to feng shui this is a way to help make a person feel more confident and reminded that such goals are within arms reach of being accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment