Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hallo!

Pin It Now! Hallo blog world and world wide web and friends and strangers who read my blog.  I've been mia for the last month settling into our new life.  I've had internet (via my cell phone), but have just been so busy that blogging had to take a backseat for awhile.

So far, we are still very much in love with our new village.  Little Wright's Kindergarten is great and so adorable.  I've meet some sweet new people who lucky for me share a love for wine. And I've been exploring the surrounding areas and am so happy to have found a bio market (organic), Rewe, fabulous Greek restaurant and trails galore.   The weather has been gorgeous!  I have spring fever and though I'm super ecstatic for spring, I'm also super nervous.  We have a huge backyard and decent sized front yard and I've never done an ounce of yardwork in my life. Like, ever. In Germany, yardwork is no joke.  Lawns are always manicured and very well taken care of and so I'm a wee bit nervous.  I really don't even know where to start, but hopefully I can pull it together somehow.

Other than that things are goin' good.  It's my birthday this weekend.  We are going to Croatia next month (more on that later).  I'm back to crafting projects and also been working out and cooking.  Now that I'm blogging I finally feel settled.

Speaking of traveling to Croatia I wanted to share this video from Rick Steves.  Makes me realize that despite the challenges sometimes faced while living in a foreign country, it truely is a romantic life I'm living.  I cherish it and am so grateful to be able to experience so many different cultures.  It has changed me for sure.



Can't wait to catch up on blogs and see what everyone has been up to!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back at it! And very happy you're settling in well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I missed reading your post but am happy that you are happy and all settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I missed reading your post but am happy that you are happy and all settled in!

    ReplyDelete