Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Party

Pin It Now!

Kitty koolaid


I love living in the country and all, but I feel like it's a 3rd world country sometimes.  I mean if you ignore the fact that we have running, clean water.  And a refrigerator.  And a dishwasher.  Oh and grocery stores within 15 minutes.  But internet?  Nope.  And I have no glimmer of hope it will come anytime soon.  In the meantime I'm using internet from my iphone and every so often I have a great connnection.  And so I can't blog as much as I'd like to,  but I'm catching up :)

Last weekend a friend asked me to help her put together her daughter's second birthday.  I was thrilled of course!  We planned this party in just 48 hours, so though it still turned out completely darling it wasn't AS personalized as I would have liked.  But that is just the perfectionist control freak in me.  It was beautiful and so was the birthday girl.

Hello Kitty Party


The birthday girl is super girly, so of course we kept everything pink!

Hello Kitty Party


See the hello kitty pom pom on the bottom left?

It was rather cute.


My friend came up with the cutest names for the food.  Like these "kitty kabobs"
Kitty kabobs


And "kat nip" which was just cheese and crackers.  Though the cheese hadn't made it to the table yet when I took this pic.


Hello kitty party food

 


And then to drink my friend made "kitty koolaid" which was a concoction of sprite, raspberries and pink lemonade.

Kitty koolaid


One of my favorite party dessert/snack foods is chocolate covered pretzels.  How adorable did these turn out??
Chocolate covered pretzels


The cupcakes were made by a local lady. 

Hello kitty cupcakes


One way to add depth and personality to a party table is to take boxes and wrap them in wrapping paper or tissue paper.  Varying heights on the table are appealing to the eye and then wrapping paper just adds one more detail to create a beauitful layout.

Hello Kitty Birthday Cake


Boxes wrapped in paper also work great if you don't have a cake or cupcake stand :)  Wasn't the cake adorable?  Another friend of ours  used a hello kitty cake pan and then frosted the cake.  So cute!

All the girls dressed up in tutus and helloy kitty shirts


It was a lot of fun.  If you have time before your party, check out etsy.  There are some super cute hello kitty party items like cake pops, hats and tutus.  We were on a time crunch and used what we could :)

It was so much and I am so grateful I got to be a part of this party!  Coming up later this month is my little man's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!  So you know I'm going all out!  I've got some very cute ideas I'm incorporating and can not wait to share!!!

xoxo

B

3 comments:

  1. It came out incredible!! I love Hello Kitty (I've made my nieces love Hello Kitty) and if I ever have a little girl I'm going to throw her a party just like this. And the Hello Kitty pompom is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my niece loves hello Kitty too. The party decoration came together beautifully and the B-day girl looks like she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...what I meant to say is, I bought my niece Hello Kitty gifts for her birthday too and she loves it! Also, the party decoration came together beautifully and the B-day girl looks like she had a blast! You have a great eye for color and design.

    ReplyDelete