Monday, May 14, 2012

London, the Homeschool Way

Pin It Now! I'm so excited for our trip to London coming up. London was never on my top places to visit in Europe, but after a friend went and raved about it's awesomeness, I was curious to check it out. I found airfare for all four of us for $390 USD on Easyjet.com.  How do you NOT go when airfare is that cheap?? (Well...what I didn't realize was how INSANELY expensive lodging is in London. Like crazy. The exchange rate is crap. Basically it costs us double in U.S dollars. I found a great apartment though and I'll share that later.)

I've been researching a little bit on the web of where to go and what to do. We will be there for 3 1/2 days and at first I was thinking that might be too much time. After buying the Rick Steves London guide I think that's not enough time at all! There is SOOO SOO much to do. I'm working our itinerary out and hoping we can do all of the things we really want to. One thing that will help us survive this trip is keeping the kids busy and entertained. My little guy will be happy with food and just being able to run around. But Little Wright is at the age where she can really understand a lot, so I want her to be just as excited about the sites and history as we are.

I made a little "I Spy London" card. This week we are going to talk about all the different sights shown on this card. Her job will be to find these sites and then take a picture.



BTW, I plan to make this available for people to download. However these images are not mine. I'll insert my own photos when we get back and make it a pdf if anyone would like the file to use :)

I found this London Tower Unit on Lucy Learns. Aside from the facts and pictures of London Tower, there is a little cartoon about it too. Little Wright will love that.

Of course the Olympics are in London this summer. Though we won't be there for the actual Olympics, there will be all kinds of signage and things going on to prepare for the events. I think some brief information about the Olympics would be fun for her to learn about too. At Get Set London they have activities and games specifically for 3-5 year olds (and older age groups).

Project Britian has all kinds of information and facts on London's main sights and attractions.

I'm hoping that by learning about London, it will make the trip come alive for Little Wright :) The thing I'm most worried about is the two hour flight. With my two year old. Who is a maniac. Wish me luck :)

xoxo

B

No comments:

Post a Comment