Friday, May 18, 2012

Tapas and Sangria Bash

Pin It Now!


Winter in Germany can be depressing.

Cold.

Dreary.

Gray.

Dark.

Ick!

There was a need for some cheering up and celebrating. Spring and summer are such busy months, so I thought it would be fun to get some girlfriends together and have some yummy food, some drinks and catch up on the fun things we had planned for the summer.

I saw a really pretty party on Pottery Barn for a Tapas and Sangria themed party. I couldn't really define what a tapa was, but any mention of Sangria and I'm sold. Thanks to pinterest I was able to gather some lovely ideas to put everything together.



The decor was really simple and summery. I just wanted to vibe to be bright, fresh and summery. I made up some signs in photoshop to add some personalization to the party.



For the menu I made a few tapas myself and then the girls brought some dishes to share.

The girls brought:
-Potatas Bravas ( a traditional Spanish tapa)
-Salmon Bruschetta


-Sopapilla Cheesecake
-Honey Mustard Chicken
-Macaroons
-Blueberry cupcakes with a lemony frosting

I blame the Sangria for not allowing me to take pictures of ALL the food.

I made:
Bruschetta
Made this the night before. The flavor was bursting the next day. I used this recipe from allrecipes.com


Veggie Quesadillas by the Pioneer Woman

These were incredibly delicious!! I sauteed the veggies the night before and also shredded the cheese the night before for easy prep before the party.


Pineapple and BBQ Chicken Quesadillas also by Pioneer Woman
Also incredible!! I cut up the pineapple and had the cheese shredded for this, but I grilled my husband grilled the chicken right before the party. Could have definitely grilled the chicken the previous day. Would have stilled tasted delicious (the leftover were great).

Pasta Salad
I used a recipe for homemade dressing from allrecipes.com Served in individual cups. Just a little detail for entertaining to keep things simple and cute.


Pico de Gallo
I kinda just eyeballed the ingredients and threw this together, sorry no recipe to share.

Sangria
Whoa! Was this stuff STUH-rong or what. The fruit was soaked in rum overnight. Delicious. After one drink we were all feeling happy and lovey.


Besides food and decor a party needs music! I downloaded some spanishy and fun songs on itunes.



Drinks. Music. Laughing. Games. And even karaoke! It was such a fun night. I also downloaded some free printable photo props and those turned out to be quite fun.




[caption id="attachment_1658" align="aligncenter" width="457" caption="I could rock a stache."][/caption]



They added a little glow when the sun went down.



It was a great night. I love girls nights. Can't wait to do it again.


And I leave with what I consider the best picture of the night:
 Sorry fellas. This spicy lady is spoken for :)


Until next time my sweet friends.


xoxoxo


B

No comments:

Post a Comment